Please note: the rates and lengths of bookings have changed since this blog post. Please see the more recent post about changes to this system.
We know that freelancers and startups don’t stop once the clock ticks at 5:00pm, and some meetings or events need to be booked outside of our operating hours. And so, some members have asked for discounts to use the facilities after hours and on weekends.
We listened and have made some changes to our booking system that benefits members. They are:
- New drop-down menu for type of event: Discount
- Private booking – This is for your personal meetings or focus groups that is directly related to your business. This booking is free with your part time or full time (includes startup rooms) membership.
- Public event (fee to attend) – This is for meetups, meetings, or events that you are planning or arranging for someone and there is an admission fee to attend, no matter what that fee amount is. This is considered a regular booking to us. There is no discount; the rental fee is $125+HST.
- Public event (no charge to attend) – This is for meetups, meetings, or events that you are planning or arranging for someone and there is not a fee for your guests/attendees to attend. Since you aren’t earning anything to host the event, but it’s still a public event, the booking rate is reduced to $50+HST to cover our costs of materials and wear on the space.
- New required field: Link to event info
- If you choose either of the public event options as listed above, we’ll need to see the event that you’re talking about to verify that you are or are not charging for your event. It’s a mandatory field. If you’re just booking the space for now and will be launching an event page later (we recommend Guestlist - made in Toronto!), you’ll still be asked for a url closer to the date and will readjust your booking rate as necessary. We’ll help to publicise all events with urls whenever we can through our various channels.
We hope this encourages our members to book more events in the space. Let’s see some great events fill up our event calendar!